Thursday, December 20, 2007

I 'kid' you not. (Hah...hah)

Date: 16 December 2007

Man. The kids here. Seriously. INCREDIBLE. Not only are they unbelievably cute, but they're so friendly and affectionate! I mean, usually, I'm used to the occasional kid screaming or crying if I try to pick him/her up, and feeling slightly shot down and embarrassed afterwards, but not here!

Some of the CTM kids took part in a performance today - an outdoor concert that was supposed to start at 4pm, didn't start until about 6.30pm (I don't think I'll ever get used to African time), and then in the middle of a performance, the electricity would just die - slight mood-killer, but overall, lots of talent. Some reeeeally good breakdancers (I took some wobbly videos on my phone), singers, etc.

The CTM kids - Marcel, Justin (aka Dwak), Elom, and Erwin:

Okay so this little girl was sitting with her mom behind me, and I could see that she wanted to get a closer look, so I just offered to take her on my lap so she could see better. She made herself right at home, and she'd leave for short periods of time but always come back to me and jump on my lap. SO CUTE.








Also, this child kept getting up on his chair and krumping.














I love it. I love how affectionate they are. The other night, we'd just gotten back from the village, I was exhausted, hungry, kind of grumpy, and then we got out of the car, and then about 15 kids from my English class ran at me and gave me hugs. It was AWESOME. Seriously, the best thing after a trying day.


Some of the kids from the under 12 English class:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

meen dol.

Anonymous said...

Rasha is his name Dwak?

Or like, D-Wack.

im concerned.