Sunday, November 11, 2007

Well, hi.

I'm at home, it's a sunny Sunday afternoon, and it has suddenly hit me that this is the last time I'll be able to do this for the next 3 months. The combination of my newfound free time, lack of anything to do, as well as the innate desire to re-engage with my laptop after shunning it for a complete 48 hours (I know!)after devoting every waking hour to it during the excruciating ordeal of final exams, have all culminated into what is a very optimistic attempt at making a commitment to this 'blogging' phenomenon. [I think it needs to be pointed out that "blog" is a hilarious word. Wouldn't you agree?]

In short, folks, I'm leaving Christchurch on Friday, and am embarking on what is probably going to be one of the most challenging experiences of my life, BUT I'm unbelievably excited. I'm off to Lomé, Togo, in West Africa (pictured) for 8 weeks for a summer internship - no idea what to expect, which is probably a good thing.

I really am starting this with the best of intentions. Feel free to drop by my "blog" whenever you feel like reading the rantings and ramblings of yours truly - I guarantee that most of the time there won't be a whole lot of logic or sense, but hey, that's all part of the fun. I get to subject the world to my incoherent thoughts - YESS!

Stay tuned!

No comments: