Saturday, February 2, 2008

I ♥ Dubai Airport

Here I am again! This airport is starting to feel like home to me, I've transited here so many times over the past few months that I'm starting to recognise the staff (very hard to do in places like Dubai/Bahrain where EVERYWHERE is way too overstaffed). What I love the most about this airport is the fact that you can sit on the side of the walk-a-lator (are they called walkalators? Or did I make that up?) and be continually entertained by the stream of people walking past you from countries all over the world.

Things that I strongly dislike about traveling:

  • Always feeling like you've just been punched in the face because of the swollen-eye syndrome
  • Having swollen feet in shoes that really don't cater for them (I wanted to wear sandals but Mama gave me 'the look')
  • Okay, so, I think it's fair to say: swollenness in general.
  • People encroaching on airplane seat space - especially the woman next to me on my flight from Bahrain to Dubai who engaged in an irritating cycle of nudging, apologising, and then nudging more, and then reading my newspaper over my shoulder, and then urging me to move and sit somewhere else. What is this?! Am I so repulsive? The fact that she had a very very cute baby on her lap was the only reason I didn't react more violently.
  • Airports with smokers' sections. No offense to all the smokers out there, but yuck. I can't breathe y'all. I don't see how a strange glass capsule in the middle of the airport with no roof is supposed to contain the smoke. Call me crazy, just doesn't seem logical.
  • The hybrid of "I'm-hungry-and-I-can't-stand-the-thought-of-food". NOTHING is appetising but my stomach ain't happy. I want to eat something but I don't know what. I keep waiting for some edible item to entice me but nothing's happening.

For fear of getting carried away with my travel-irritability and therefore missing my flight, I should probably bizounce.

Next stop - the land of London.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

y'all...ain't...wow

people that rush past you to get into the que for checkin when theres clearly no one there..yeah not needing to exist. Also dried dates...yeah NA