Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bah bah bah-rain, have you any food?

The answer is yes. Lots of it which I can't stop consuming.

It's awesome being back with family again, but I keep getting flashes of Togo and it really does feel like it was just a dream. I was looking at my pictures last night and couldn't believe that so much had happened in that short space of time, and here I am, in familiar surroundings, where most things are the same as they were last time I came to visit. It's very surreal.

I want to write more but I'm still getting my head around the fact that I'm here.

Odd.

Perhaps later.

I have to say - I suddenly have a lot of appreciation for butter, chocolate Digestive biscuits (don't ask), and the washing machine. I'm also really enjoying having a sink/shower/bathroom all in one indoor, clean location.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bahrain is a Kingdom is'nt it? I heard that George Bush is about to visit there, perhaps he'll pay a visit to the formula one racing track too :P